NEW REFEREE ORIENTATION MEETINGS
Information on places to get a USSF referee uniform will come out tomorrow 8/8
Brand new referees for the upcoming Fall 2018 season must attend one of these orientations. Dates, times and locations are now confirmed.
If you have never set foot on a field as a referee in ECYSA, attending one is mandatory. Failure to attend one will prevent me from employing you.
They are no cost to you. ECYSA runs these. You need not sign up at massref.net. You do however need to let me know, via email, which one you will attend.
About the NRO's. They are primarily in place for referees who have yet to set foot on a field as a referee. That said, anyone who lacks experience, or confidence, is welcome.
They will be fun, informative, friendly, and safe.Brand new referees must attend one before getting ECYSA games.All emails should go to: email@example.com
Times and dates for "New To ECYSA Referee Orientation Meetings" are as follows:
- Date/Time: Meeting # 1 - Tuesday, August 21st from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Date/Time: Meeting # 2 - Saturday, August 25th from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Date/Time: Meeting # 3 - Sunday, August 26th from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Date/Time: Meeting # 4 - Sunday, September 9th from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
These ECYSA orientations will accomplish several things:
- Get to meet your assignor face to face in a small group
- Learn how to properly check in a team by ECYSA standards
- Pre and post game duties
- Hints and refereeing tricks of the trade
- We will touch upon other basics as well
- Wear your referee uniform (shoes suited for indoor. No cleats)
- Bring a whistle, paper, and writing utensil.
It is most important to attend a meeting. All are welcome!
It will be fun and informative, which is good, since it is required if you want to referee in Essex County.We take our commitment to you seriously.We want refereeing in Essex County to be the best experience possible.
If you are under 18 years of age, it would be helpful if a parent could stay for the class.You will play a large role in the success of your child's new (first?) job.
USSF & ECYSA Referee Assignor