To add a page to your public site, you must first open the Web Editor through Communication->Web Site->Web Editor.
Once you have opened the web editor, hover over the icon in the upper-left corner of the black bar sitting at the top of the screen. This will reveal the menu options for your public site. Click on pages to open the page hierarchy.
The page hierarchy will show you the list of pages on your public site. Here, you can interact with the pages to add, remove, and order them as will as change their properties.
To add a page, click the blue "Add" button at the top.
This will bring up a modal window where you can name the page and change its visibility and location.
- A page's visibility determines whether or not a page is placed in the menu at the top of your public site. An invisible page can still technically be visited by the admin for editing and the public for viewing, it just won't be found in the menu.
- The position denotes where the page is ordered when dropped in the hierarchy. If you had selected an existing page (by clicking on it) before clicking the add button, you will able to place the page above, below, or as a child of the selected. This can be changed later through drag and drop.
You can click and drag a page around the hierarchy to change its order. The order of pages from top to bottom will reflect the order from left to right on the actual menu on the public site. When dragging a menu, you will see an arrow showing where it will be placed. If you try to place it on another menu, the moved menu will become a child of that menu, meaning it will show up in a submenu when somone hovers over the parent menu.
When you click on a page in the hierarchy, its properties will open to the right. This section will let you change various settings about the page itself. The buttons at the top are used to save your changes or delete the page, and the "Edit Content" button will bring you out of the "Pages" section and to the content editor for the page itself.
The other options are as follows:
- Title - the page's name in the hierarchy and in the menu bar.
- URL Path - the page's path in the url bar of the web browser. The system will force this to be unique, so you can not have the same URL for two pages
- System Page - determines what system page the page is using. System pages load in pre-made content from MYL, such as the Schedule or Standings page. By default, this is "Non-System", which is just a blank page.
- Visible - determines whether or not the page is visible on the menu bar at the top of the website. The page can still be accessed directly by the URL.
- Layout - changes the basic layout properties of the page. Each layout has certain areas laid out for content and may include MYL modules by default.
- SEO section - contains settings fro search engine optimization
- Other - has various properties for the page settings
- Permissions - determines certain logged-in roles that can see the page in the menu. These role settings may differ per league.