General Rules & Responsibilities
- Teams are responsible for providing two game balls for each game. Game balls will be available for purchase from the league at check-in for $45/dozen.
- Teams must check in with the site director prior to first game to confirm payment & insurance coverage. OHYSA personnel available for check-in on Friday night and Saturday at Front Office or on golf cart.
- Players and coaches play at their own risk. OHYSA is not responsible for accident or injury.
- Coaches are not required to wear full baseball attire. Shorts are acceptable.
- Coaches are responsible for controlling player and spectator behavior - this includes while on site and any other communication or interaction they have regarding the tournament. If the TD, game umpire or other OHYSA league official is required to intervene due to inappropriate language, behavior or actions - including heckling players or harassing umpires - that person will be required to leave the premises.
- Home team will keep the official scorebook. Game cards will be completed by the umpires and turned in. Coaches are responsible for checking the score on the card and signing them to ensure accuracy. Once turned in scores stand as official.
- There are no protests. Disputes will be settled on the field. Head coach must call time out and discuss dispute with umpire and tournament director.
- The run rule will be 15 after 3, 10 after 4.
- A game will be considered complete at 3 innings or at 2 ½ innings with the home team ahead.
- Length of games will be: 6U – 1 hour, 8U – 1 hour 15 minutes, 10U & 12U – 1 hour 30 minutes, 14U – 1 hour 45 minutes. No new inning can begin after that time, however the current inning will complete.
- Whether coaches – other than offensive base coaches - are allowed outside the dugout is at the discretion of the umpire.
- Umpires have latitude in keeping games moving in a timely fashion by, for example, limiting warm-up pitches or imposing time limits on gearing up catchers.
WHO IS HOME? - Higher seeded team (top of the bracket) will be home team, except in Championship game. Brackets are RANDOMLY seeded using Random.org list randomizer with modifications to prevent teams within leagues from facing each other their first game wherever possible.
HOW ARE TIES HANDLED? -
- In 6U - 12U, due to bracket play, all games must have a winner to advance. Ties will go extra inning with last batter of previous half inning on 2nd with no outs. Should 1 extra inning be insufficient, a 2nd extra inning will play, however if this does not result in a win then the tournament director will be called and the game will revert to coin toss.
- In 14U, due to pool play, games can tie, tie breakers for the purpose of seeding final games will be win %, head to head, runs against then run differential.
- All bats must be unaltered baseball bat commercially manufactured for baseball play with a BPF of 1.15, OR a BBCOR of .50 dependent on barrel, OR be a USABaseball stamped bat
- 6U & 8U may use a 2 ¼” barrel bat, or a 2 5/8” barrel bat
- 9U and up may use a 2 ¼” barrel bat, or 2 5/8” or 2 ¾” barrel bat
- If an umpire notes an illegal bat prior to use, a warning will be issued to the coach and the bat will be removed from play.
- If an umpire notes an illegal bat after it’s use, the batter will be out and no runners will advance.
- If a 2nd offense occurs, the coach will be ejected
If complications arise for any reason, Tournament Directors and league officials will be on duty and available in person, or via text or cell phone.
Traci Anderson 512-423-8708.