General Rules & Responsibilities
- Teams are responsible for providing two game balls for each game. Game balls will be available for purchase from the league at check-in for $45/dozen.
- Teams must check in with the site director prior to first game to confirm payment & insurance coverage. OHYSA personnel available for check-in on Friday night and Saturday at Front Office or on golf cart.
- Players and coaches play at their own risk. OHYSA is not responsible for accident or injury.
- Coaches are not required to wear full baseball attire. Shorts are acceptable.
- Coaches are responsible for controlling player and spectator behavior - this includes while on site and any other communication or interaction they have regarding the tournament.
- Home team will keep the official scorebook. Game cards will be completed by the umpires and turned in. Coaches are responsible for checking the score on the card and signing them to ensure accuracy. Once turned in scores stand as official.
- There are no protests. Disputes will be settled on the field. Head coach must call time out and discuss dispute with umpire and tournament director.
- The run rule will be 15 after 3, 10 after 4.
- A game will be considered complete at 3 innings or at 2 ½ innings with the home team ahead.
- Length of games will be: 6U – 1 hour, 8U – 1 hour 15 minutes, 10U & 12U – 1 hour 30 minutes, 14U – 2 hours. No new inning can begin after that time, however the current inning will complete.
- Whether coaches – other than offensive base coaches - are allowed outside the dugout is at the discretion of the umpire.
- Umpires will have latitude in keeping games moving in a timely fashion by, for example, limiting warm-up pitches or imposing time limits on gearing up catchers.
WHO IS HOME? - Coin toss will determine home team, except in Championship game.
HOW ARE TIES HANDLED? - In bracket games, ties will go extra inning ITB – last batter of previous half inning on 2nd with no outs. Brackets are seeded use Random.org list randomizer.
- All bats must be unaltered baseball bats with a BPF of 1.15 or a BBCOR of .50 dependent on barrel, OR be a USABaseball stamped bat
- 6U & 8U may use a 2 ¼” barrel ba, or a 2 5/8” barrel bat with a drop equal to or heavier than -10 (does not apply to USABaseball stamped bats)
- 10U and up may use a 2 ¼” barrel bat, or 2 5/8” or 2 ¾” barrel bats with a drop equal to or heavier than -10 (does not apply to USABaseball stamped bats)
- If an umpire notes an illegal bat prior to use a warning will be issued to the coach and the bat will be removed from play.
- If an umpire notes an illegal bat after it’s use, the batter will be out and no runners will advance.
- If a 2nd offense occurs, the coach will be ejected.
If complications arise for any reason, Tournament Directors and league officials will be on duty and available in person, or via text or cell phone.
Traci Anderson 512-423-8708.