SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
The registration fee for our Challenger Division (boys and girls ages 4-16 with mental or physical challenges) is $50. All other Little League players, ages 4-12 and Intermediate Division players, ages 12-13 will be charged a $145 registration fee. A late fee of $40 will be applied after December 18th so register quickly! More details can be found here.
Scripps Ranch Little League is a baseball organization for children of league age 5 to 16 who live in the 92131 zip code. We have a Spring and a Fall season. Registration for the Spring season starts in November and evaluations (tryouts) for MAPs through Juniors divisions are held in January. Teams are chosen at the end of January, and practices start in February. Games are played from early March through early-to-mid June. Our Seniors (ages 14-16) and Big League (ages 17-18) divisions have assessments and team creation in May. Scripps Ranch also has a Challenger Division for children between league ages 5-18 with physical and mental disabilities.
IMPORTANT - Please read before considering purchasing a new bat for your Little Leaguer!!!
Effective on January 1, 2018, Little League Baseball® will adhere to the new USABat standard. No bats previously approved for use in Little League Play (Junior League Baseball and below) will be permitted to be used in any Little League game or practice, or other Little League function, event, or activity.
What this means for local Little Leagues, and Little League baseball players in the Tee Ball through Junior League Divisions, as well as Little League Challenger Division®, is that all current Little League-approved bats can be used during the 2017 Little League regular season and throughout tournament play, but can no longer be used starting in 2018. All of Little League’s current bat regulations will remain in effect until December 31, 2017.
More information can be found here, http://www.littleleague.org/learn/equipment/baseballbatinfo.htm
***** TOC and All Stars *****
All TOC and All Star Brackets and Results can be found here
8-10 YO AS
- Scripps Ranch won the 2017 District 32 8/9/10-year-old All Star Tournament on Saturday, July 1 by beating Coronado 15 to 5.
- Scripps Ranch will now advance to represent District 32 in Section 6 play, with their first game in that tournament on Saturday, July 8 at 2:30 p.m. against the champion from District 33. The Section tournament will be played at La Mesa National Little League, 8400 University Ave., La Mesa 91941.
- Section 6 8-10 AS Brackets and Results can be found here.
- Scripps Ranch won the 2017 District 32 9/10/11-year-old All Star Tournament on Saturday, July 1 by beating Rancho Penasquitos National 8 to 4.
- Scripps Ranch will now go on to represent District 32 in the Section 6 tournament, which begins on Saturday, July 8 at 1 p.m. against the champion from Distict 31. This tournament is being played at Escondido American Little League, 2401 N. Broadway Ave., Escondido 92026.
- Section 6 9-11 AS Brackets and Results can be found here.
- D32 champion SRLL 9-11 all stars fall 6-15 to Encinitas LL in the section 6 championship game, ending their all star run. Congratulations on all your accomplishments this postseason! SRLL is very proud of you!
10-12 YO (Little League) AS
- Scripps Ranch is playing in the Section 6 All Star Tournament staring on July 8th. This tournament is being played at Jerabek Park (J-9) at Scripps Ranch Little League.
- Section 6 Little League (10-12) AS Brackets and Results can be found here.
- D32 champion SRLL 10-12 all stars fall 9-4 to Encinitas in the section 6 championship, ending their all star run. Congratulations players and coaches for your accomplishments this postseason! SRLL is very proud of you!
Thanks Everyone! Hope to see you there!
Important Age Eligibilty Changes from Little League Baseball
Little League® Baseball has announced a nationwide change regarding youth age and eligibility. The cutoff date for determining a player's age will switch to August 31 for all players. Players born after August 31, 2005 will have this rule take effect immediately. Players born on or before August 31, 2005 will see the rule go into effect during the 2018 Little League season. (Until 2018, the previous cutoff date of April 30 will apply to these older players.)
Here's an excerpt about the impact upon your child or children:
If your child was born between January 1 and April 30, there has been no impact in any of the Age Determination Date changes.
If your child was born between May 1 and August 31, there is no change from the previous age change and implementation.
If your child was born between September 1 and December 31, he or she essentially reverts back to where they were from a League Age standpoint prior to the 2015 season, and, like those born between January 1 and April 30, there is no impact on them.
You can get more information about the new rules at the national Little League Baseball website, which includes an updated chart for determining age.
Lost and Found
If you lose/find an item at a game or practice, first check with your teammates, parents, and coaches. Otherwise, check-for or turn-in the item at the closest snack bar (open evenings and Saturdays during Spring season games).