Evaluations for Boys in Grades 3-8 and Girls in Grades 3-6
Family/Player Dates (2022-2023 Season)
Parents are required to attend Evaluations for the first ~45 minutes of the evaluation session. Parents will be briefed by AYB Board Members (typically the President and the Level Coordinator) about general AYB policies as well as issues specific to their division.
In an effort to make teams as even as possible, AYB conducts evaluations so that the coaches can assess the players before the teams are picked. It is extremely important that your son/daughter attend evaluations.
Players new to AYB will not be placed on a team until and unless they have been evaluated.
The evaluation schedule is listed below. All evaluations are at the Clearfield Recreation Center. Please have your child there 10 minutes early to sign in. For Boys in grades 3-8 and Girls in grades 3-6 you must have registered prior to evaluations.
If you are unable to make the evaluation listed below, please contact the Level Coordinator (see General Info -> Board of Directors).
Check ins to take place in Clearfield Rec Center Lobby
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 - 10:00a: Boys 3rd Grade**
- 10:15 - 11:15a: Girls 3rd-4th Grade**
- 11:30 - 12:30p: Boys 5th Grade
- 12:45 - 1:45p: Girls 5th-6th Grade
- 2:00 - 3:00p: Boys 4th Grade**
- 3:15 - 4:15p: Boys 6th Grade
- 4:30 - 5:30p Boys 7th Grade
- 5:45 - 6:30p Boys 8th Grade
** Boys 3rd Grade, Boys 4th Grade, and Girls 3rd - 4th Grade must attend an additional session, as listed below.
Monday, October 17, Clearfield Large Gym
- Boys 3rd Grade 6:00-7:00p
- Boys 4th Grade 7:00-8:00p
- Girls 3rd-4th Grade 8:00p-9:00
Playing Schedule for Boys in 3rd-8th Grade and Girls in 3rd - 6th Grade
Players will be assigned to teams after player evaluations have been held (see dates and times above). Typically, all teams are scheduled to play for one hour twice a week. Some of these sessions will be practices and some will be games. Each team typically plays 14-16 games during the regular season except for the 3rd and 4th grade levels where more practices are scheduled. All teams make the playoffs.
Yearly Schedule Boys 3rd-8th Grade and Girls 3rd-6th Grade Divisions
- Your coach will call you on Sunday, Oct 23.
- Practices begin on Monday, Oct 24.
- Every effort is made to schedule every team to play once during the week (usually in the 5:30-10:00pm range) and once on Saturday (anywhere in 8:00a-8:00p). During the week, it is typical for days and times to rotate so that all divisions share in those times viewed as desirable and those viewed as less than desirable. On Saturdays, times will change from week to week depending on schedules and availability of courts, among other reasons.
- Final Date of Play (Championship Saturday): March 11
Basketfest for Boys in 3rd-8th Grade and Girls in 3rd-6th Grade
Basketfest will be held on Saturday, November 19.
- Basketfest is best described as "organized chaos."
- This is our kick-off event.
- Every team will play 3 mini-games during the day. To be specific, each game will be the first half of a game (using rules for the division that apply to the first half of a game).
- Clocks will run, scores will be kept, and for the only time all year, we ask parents/coaches to officiate the games.
AYB Family Day at Dick's Sporting Goods
Friday, October 14 through and including Sunday, October 17: You will get coupons via e-mail that entitle you to 20% off most purchases at the Transit Road location all day on al four days.
Dates for Boys 9th-12th Grade & Middle/HS Girls Divisions
Middle/HS Girls (grades 7 and up) Divisions: These divisions will play only on Saturday afternoons at the Clearfield Recreation Center. Players are encouraged to play with their friends and/or make their own teams. (There may be optional weekday division-based practices for this division.)
- Open Play: Dec 3: 6:00 - 7:00p @ Clearfield.
- Play begins on Saturday, Dec 10 at Clearfield.
- The Level Coordintor will keep you up-to-date on the time of play.
- Final date of play (championships) is Saturday, March 11.
Boys 9th-12th Grade Division: This division will play only on Sunday evenings at the Clearfield Recreation Center. Players are encouraged to play with their friends and/or make their own teams. Games, games, games. No practices in this division. All events are Sunday evening. The Level Coordinator will keep everyone appraised of the schedule.
- Open Play: Nov 27 & Dec 4, 5:00p Clearfield.
- Regular season games begin on December 11.
- Note: No play on Feb 12 (Super Bowl).
- Final date of play (championships) is Sunday, March 12.