Diamond Council of Columbia, Inc.
P. O. Box 576
Columbia, MO 65205
1. How do I register for baseball or softball?
New and returning players can go to www.diamondcouncil.net to register after January 2- Mid February. Please pay by credit card or check. New and returning players should register on-line. Open registration sessions, if any, will be limited.
2. What is the earliest age a child can play in baseball and softball.
Our youngest age level is instructional (Tee-ball). Players must be five years of age by August 1.
3. What are the fees?
- $85 4-5 yrs
- $95 6-8 yrs
- $105 9 & older
- $10 discount after the 2nd family member.
4. Where are games played?
Diamond Council is cosponsored by the City of Columbia Parks and Rec Department. We use city fields at Cosmo Park (Antimi Complex), Albert Oakland Fields,
American Legion Field, Atkins Fields located on the Boone County Fairgrounds,
5. When does the season begin?
The calendar has not been finalized. Register early to reserve a spot. Approximate key dates are as follows.
- January - Registration
- February - Team Sponsors selected/Manager Approved/Teams formed
- End of March – Manager/Coach Clinic and Roster Distribution
- Early April – Player notification/Practices
- May-June - Games
- July 1 - Fall Registration Opens
- July 31 - Fall Registration Ends
- Late Aug - Fall Games Begin
- Oct 15 - Fall Games End
6. What is the time commitment?
Approximately 12-14 games are scheduled from May-June
7. What equipment is needed?
Team uniforms include t-shrit and caps/visor as part of the registration fee. Uniforms are yours to keep after the season ends. A glove is required and can be purchased at any major sporting goods or department store for approximately $20 for beginners 5-7 years to over $100 for higher quality professional gloves at the senior level. Metal spikes are only allowed at the Senior levels. Bats and Batting Helments are provided by the teams but many players prefer to bring their own bat.
8. Can we request to play with friends?
Yes, we guarantee a mutual teammate request, However we cannot guarantee that requests for multiple teammates be honored although we will make reasonable efforts to do so. Please bear in mind that if you designate more than one or two players, it becomes more difficult to assemble teams if one of the players has been included with another person’s request. We must also consider the balance of competition when assembling these teams.
We also ask that you make sure that all parties prefer that the children be on the same team, not just the person making the request. By not requesting a specific set of teammates, one of the better experiences is having a chance to form new friendships.