Who: Kids talented and/or enthusiastic about soccer, born in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
What: GUCS -Academy Development Program.
When: Winter Season (Tuesdays: Jan th to Feb 26th) from 6pm to 7pm.
Where: Inside Spragg Elementary School in Egg Harbor City, NJ
(601 Buffalo Ave, Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215)
Why: The foundation of the ADP program places the greatest importance on player development. Our philosophy for success is based upon the following:
- Environment that places individual players, not teams, central to all decision-making regarding training and competition.
- Environment where young players are exposed to a game that emphasizes skill development over team development.
- Development predicated on playing possession soccer, which requires highly technical skills.
- Development of complete soccer players that understand the game and all positions, possess technical skill, and work hard.
- Maximizing development by placing together the best and/or most committed players.
- Ensuring flexibility in game format so that learning takes precedence over game management and administration.
- Coaching through age appropriate demonstrations and activities versus drills to train technique as well as decision-making.
- Focusing on teaching correct technique – dribbling, ball control, passing, shooting, juggling, etc.
- Utilizing guided discovery teaching methods versus the command style, giving the game back to the kids and enhancing their problem solving abilities.
- Coaching through positive, constructive, brief, specific feedback.
- Utilizing Director of Coaching that govern all training for the U6-U10 Advanced Development Program, set seasonal and program curriculums, and oversee all player development in these vital ages. Ensuring a consistent long term development plan.
- Qualified, licensed, experienced staff coaches using a long term development plan and curriculum.
- Success is determined by learning and fun – not by scores and standings.
- Attracting families that look at the big picture, and will not leave the club as their kids improve. Finding the right fit.
Program Director: Kelvin Murray
Time: 6pm to 7pm for all ages (2009, 2010, 2011)
Cost: $65.00 per player.
Any question contact Kelvin Murray at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Players can wear indoor soccer shoes or sneakers (No turf or cleats)
*Must wear shin pads
*Bring ball and water bottle
GUCS needs coaches for the Spring 2019 season!!
Contact Rich for details about becoming a coach and we will prepare you for the Fall season. Email: email@example.com
Volunteers Needed!! GUCS Soccer is a 100% volunteer organization, and we require significant assistance in preparing for and administrating each season. Our program has grown tremendously in the past few years, and we are always in need of volunteers. We need the help of generous people who are willing to donate their time to make GUCS the best that it can be! We need more than coaches. We need a pool of volunteers for various positions (most positions only take an hour a week). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help!pring 2019 Registration Information - The cost of the Spring registration is $110. This is for players 5 and older. Players will be placed on a team with a head coach. (Includes full uniform and child will be placed on a team)
*$5 off each additional child you register
AGES 5 AND UP have games weeknights only ( 1 to 2 a week). Practice schedules are at the discretion of the volunteer coaches.
The Spring First Kick Clinic - The GUCS First Kick clinic is an exciting developmental soccer program for children ages 3 and 4! The 6-week Saturday program will introduce your child to the world of soccer. Through a series of games and skill sessions, your child will learn how to connect with the ball, listen to instructions and improve social skills. The clinic is every Saturday and the cost is $70. (Includes soccer ball and t-shirt given on first day of clinic)
Clinic (Saturday Skill Training for ages 5 to 13)
Times for Saturday training:
Ages 3-4: 9 to 9:45am
Ages 5/6: 10am to 11am
Ages 7 up: 11am to 12pm
Players will be assigned to each division based on their age as of April 1, 2019.
3/4 year olds: Saturday Clinic only
Boys 5/6 Division
Girls 5/6 Division
Boys 7/8 Division
Girls 7-9 Division
Boys 9/10 Division
Boys 11/12 Division
Girls 10-13 Division
*Divisions are created based on the amount of players registered. Divisions may separate further based on age or grouped together depending on the amount of players registered for that particular season.
All games and training are at Tartaglio Field in Galloway.
Thank you to our sponsors!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor contact a GUCS Board Member!