2018 Rules Submissions
OHYSA local policies, procedures and playing rules are described in our Internal Rules and Regulations document a.k.a Blue Book. The current 2017 Blue Book is available for review at https://tinyurl.com/bluebook16.
Each fall the Board of Directors accepts, reviews and votes on Blue Book change proposals submitted by dues-paying Association members. If a change is approved, the Blue Book is amended and the change is included for use the following Spring and Fall.
To be accepted the proposal must include:
- The page number in the current Blue Book of the rule being changed,
- Any section or subsection number or title name to assist with location,
- The existing language of the rule,
- The language of the proposed change,
- A justification of the proposed change. If a new rule is proposed then (3) can be entered as "NEW LANGUAGE"
Blue Book change proposals can be submitted online at https://goo.gl/forms/tLbQwYjajAeYEaYo2 Only submissions by Association Members will be accepted. Members submitting proposals will have the opportunity to explain their change and answer any questions about it at the November 2017 Board meeting. (Details to be emailed at a later date)
Please email communications@OHYSABoard.org if you have any questions.
Fall 2017 Has Begun!
Welcome to another exciting season of OHYSA Fall Ball. Games will be underway and the fields will be packed with screaming fans and players enjoying the day with teammates and coaches.
So, of course, it's time for our seasonal reminder about safety!
- OHYSA is a smoke-free and alcohol free facility. No smoking or vaping is allowed on-site. Smoke-free tobacco products are not allowed in dugouts, bleachers or on the field.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are prohibited from the complex, regardless of species or age. All animals are subject to inquiry per ADA legal cite.
- Dirt stockpiles throughout the complex are for field maintenance use only. Observe posted Danger signs and do not allow your children to play in them.
- Drive with caution and reduced speed . Children often walk across the roadways on their way to fields and cages and their safety is our first priority.
- Park only in the gravel lots and obey No Parking signs. No part of your vehicle should be blocking the roadway or driving portions of the lots. Do not park behind someone without their express prior consent.
- Use of the batting cages is prioritized for team use specific to cage location. Anyone 18 or younger using the cages MUST wear a batting helmet, whether pitching or batting.
We'd also love it if you read up on our Zero Tolerance and Severe Weather Policies and remember that the Umpires are human and can make mistakes. Treat them with the respect that they deserve for stepping up and being out there - they can and will eject coaches and fans that use unacceptable language or engage in inappropriate behavior. Finally, all Board Members, Commissioners and Coaches are VOLUNTEERS who are out overseeing 700+ players this season. Take a moment today to thank them for their time!
Have a great season and PLAY BALL!
PO Box 91416 | Austin 78709
6301 Joe Tanner Lane | Austin 78749