TD Instructional Videos
The first instructional video is for registering your teams...town organizations can still use whatever system they prefer and you will essentially still use an excel template (http://ecysa.org/ECYSA/registration) but you will be uploading the file directly to the system (video 1 will explain more). If a town organization uses "Manage Your League" for registration there would some additional efficiency.
- Registering Your Teams Video 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooaotBmDs0&feature=youtu.be (updated January 10, 2019)
- Additional instructions for registration:
Once your teams are loaded into the system...the next step is Strength Charts.
- Strength Charts - Video 2 - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/AQRZMvoCyI
Video 3 is a great look at both sides (TD and ECYSA Admin) of how the reschedule request and game change process will work - and it's pretty simple with detailed tracking.
- Reschedule Request / Game Change - Video 3 - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SxVzutUBmz
The fields function is how you will create/edit/activate/deactivate your fields for each upcoming season:
- Here is another video tutorial to show how the Field Availability process works - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/l4P71fwx1N
Some Field Availability reminders:
- Your field designations from Fall 2019 are still in place BUT you need to please check and then make any edits as needed or create any fields not already listed.
- When creating timeslots, please disregard the "order" box.
- Saturday Times (G4, G6, G8): please note that when you create your timeslots, please use 1.5 hour blocks (1 hour and 30 minutes) on Saturday using these options: 9-10:30, 10:30-12, 12-1:30, 1:30-3, 3-4:30, 4:30-6 (these will be the standard Saturday game times as in past seasons).
- Sunday Times (G11, GPG - Spring only): please note that when you create your timeslots, please use 1.75 hour blocks (1 hour and 45 minutes) on Sunday using these options: 1-2:45, 2:45-4:30, 4:30-6:15 (these will be the standard Sunday game times as in past seasons).
- Remember to "deactivate" any field you are not using this upcoming season.
- If you have a field that also serves as other fields (eg. a full sided field that is also used as two smaller sided fields), each individual field (eg. Field 1 11v11, Field 2 7v7 left side, Field 3 7v7 right side) requires a name. And you need to make sure that you don't provide timeslots that overlap. If Field 1 11v11 is being used from 9 to 12 then do not provide timeslots for Field 2 7v7 or Field 3 7v7 during that time.
- Please make sure your organization meets the ECYSA Minimum Field Requirements as follows: ECYSA requires that each Member Organization provide adequate field space to accommodate their teams.
- For teams that play on Saturday, one (1) field is required for every ten teams registered. Rule of thumb if you have 8 teams in an age level (eg. 4 G4 Girls and 4 G4 Boys) you should have half the number of G4 field time slots available plus 1. So, if 8 teams are in an age group, then have 5 G4 field time slots for that age group. Fields must be available from 9:00 a.m. through 6:30 p.m.
- For teams that play on Sunday, one (1) field is required for every five teams registered and Sunday game sets are played consecutively at the same location. Whereby a team may be the "home" team for the schedule but it may not be their home location. Fields must be available from 1:00 p.m. through 7:00 p.m for the three game set.
"Adding Players & Coaches" function (just a direct link to uploading your "Add" file) and an "Add Drop Transfer" function (ADT - also has a link to the "Add" file upload and includes a jersey update option for those of you that would like to add your jersey numbers) are in your Town Director drop down on the main page once you login (ecysa.org). This is now how you will ADT players or coaches (please do not send files to the ECYSA Registrar - she will just ask you to process them online)...but the card/roster drop off process remains the same as previous seasons - cards/rosters to the ECYSA Registrar by 9:00 pm on Wednesday will be available for pick up after 5:00 pm on Friday.
- Here is another video tutorial to show how the ADT process works - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/qewFQcIbDx (sorry - the audio is a bit soft)
Some ADT reminders:
- "Drop" and "Transfer" are done right in the system because those players/coaches were already loaded via the registration file upload - no file needed!
- To "Add" a player, you are essentially using the same file template you used when uploading your rosters so the same verification processes will be in place for age, gender, non-residency, etc. (If you need a reminder for importing a roster - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/xiSW52NLqF)
- You can "add" multiple players and/or coaches in one file upload.
- As you know, we are now requesting an email address for coaches AND players to improve communications but the import process does only allow one email per coach or player - the player or coach will be able to add up to three emails to their contact record themselves in the future. Please note that adding an email for players is not mandatory (coaches are mandatory) but it will certainly make communications much improved!
- And the coach gender field should now be the actual gender of the coach which will hopefully make your file creation a little easier.
- You can no longer drop/transfer a coach if the team only has one (need to add one first).
- If you are replacing a C1:
- Do an "add" via the system with the new coach as a C1.
- When the new C1 add is approved by the ECYSA registrar (try to process within 24 hours but no guarantee), it bumps the original C1 down to a C2.
- The original C1 (now C2) can be dropped via the online "drop" if desired.
PLEASE NOTE - once you complete an Add, Drop or Transfer, the player/coach will not be moved until it is approved on the ECYSA administration side (please allow 24 hours but we will try to process them as quickly as possible pending volume).