Spring 2021 Special Rules as of 4.22.2021and 7.2.2021 Announcement
Please view Club Rules under the Player tab
We recommend that you print the file below containing this information. It prints to 1 page.
Summer Players (Weekday and Saturday)
For the Summer Sessions Only - we are going to play without the Infield Fly Rule. We can reinstate if needed but we ask all players to not abuse the fact that we will not play with the rule. Again, Summer Only!!
Any questions ask your commissioners....
- Pete Semenak - Weekday
- Russ Figueroa - Saturday
Spring 2021 League Rules
1. There will be a 4 run limit per half inning, except the final inning which will be unlimited.
2. If one game is rained out, all games are considered rained out even if some of them have been played to conclusion.
You can report the game but it will not count in the standings.
3. Pitched balls hitting the screen will be called a ball.
4. Walk Rule - There will be one Intentional Walk allowed to any batter in any inning. It must be a true strategic move and
not just to pitch around someone. Strategic can be subjective but things that will raise concerns are early innings, big leads etc.
Walks are allowed in all innings.
o If anyone, in any inning, is walked and it is obvious the pitcher was not giving the batter pitches to hit the batter will walk but the
pitcher will be subject to un-sportsmanlike conduct discipline. Opposing Manager, Batter or Umpire can report it to the commissioner
for review after the game. If you feel there is an issue or could be headed toward an issue make sure you inform the commissioner
or alternate commissioner during the game so they can watch more closely if they are there. Board Members in attendance can also
report occurrences. The commissioner will talk to Umpire, Batter, Pitcher and both Managers and make a ruling based on the information.
- This is also subjective but things to look for: (Consistent pitches too high, low, inside, outside; Same batter walked more than once;
3 pitch walk (understand you can walk someone on 3 pitches while trying to throw a strike so this is not always a cause for a warning)
5. An outfielder cannot attempt to throw a batter out at first base. A relay is allowed to an infielder. If the outfielder attempts a throw to first,
they will be warned with the second offense resulting in a suspension and the runner shall automatically be awarded 2nd base.
All other runners are forced to the next base.
6. There is an imaginary line from third base to first base – fielders, other than the pitcher and catcher, must stay behind that line until the
ball is batted. One warning, second offense results in game ejection. Batter shall automatically be awarded 1st base. All other runners
are forced to the next base.
7. Outfielders must remain on the grass until the ball is batted. One warning, second offense results in game ejection. Batter shall
automatically be awarded 1st base. All other runners are forced to the next base.
8. Sub runners may only run once per inning and 3 times per game. If a potential sub runner touches a base, he or she may come off the base
and another sub may run, if the pitcher has not yet made a pitch. If a sub runner is on base and is due to bat, he or she is out on the base
and comes in to bat. If it is the 3rd out, that player leads off the next inning.
9. Home Runs: 1 up Rule. Any Home Run after the one home run will be a walk until the other team hits a home run. Each base runner has
to be forced to the next base. The batter is not required to touch first base nor are anyone already on base required to touch the next base.
10. If you are assigned to a Duty, the player is responsible for getting a replacement. If you, or your replacement does not show up it will
be a one game suspension for the original person assigned (Players need to follow up to ensure their sub remembers and not just ask
once and hope).
11. If you have to start the game with 10 players then the 11th spot in the order will be an automatic out. You can have someone courtesy
catch if they are not a viable substitute but that player will not bat. Injured or ejected during game will follow Club Rules (Injured – no out,
Ejected – Automatic out)
12. Games will 7 innings for days where only 2 games are being played. No Game Clock. Players for second game will not be allowed in
until field is cleared (NOTE: This is for Spring Session Only).
o Saturday Only: First 5 weeks there will be three games per day with one team having a Doubleheader. The Doubleheader games will
be 6 innings. The third game will be 7 innings.