GET INVOLVED - VOLUNTEERS
The efforts of parent and community volunteers are essential to our youth sports programs. Planning for this coming season is well underway and we are in need of fresh faces to bring some of these plans to fruition. We hope you will seriously consider moving into an active role with the IFPAA Baseball/Softball/Challenger community in some way.
Parents, your involvement is essential to a successful season. There are many opportunities to be involved with the league (and your children). Please work with your Manager to assist in any way you can. Help is not only needed with coaching, but also field preparation, snack shack, tournament, and maintaining equipment. These are only a few examples of how you can help. Your participation helps to make this a better league and organization for your child’s benefit. Come and watch the practices and games. Most importantly, play ball with your sons and daughters. This is a great opportunity to spend time with your child both at the field and playing ball at home.
Please note that role sharing may be possible if you're interested in a role, but you may have some constraints that make it unrealistic for you to assume 100% responsibility for it. If uncertain, please ask us how you can participate in a way that meets both your needs and those of the IFPAA community.
Please click the image below in order to view Summary Descriptions for the current IFPAA Volunteer Opportunities:
Please consider volunteering your time and efforts to maintain and enhance our premiere organization.
Also, see below for specific open required areas of need:
- League Commissioners (T-Ball Olympics Coordinator)
- Banners: Sales and Installation / Removal / Storage of field banners
- Blueberry and Vestal Snack Shacks: Kim Wagner is the Director, Snack Shacks and Purchasing. Alexis Zamagias is the Blueberry manager. Ann Weller is the Vestal Manager. Assistance is needed for stocking drinks, snacks, food, ice cream and initial and periodic cleaning.
- Director Communications: Communications within IFPAA and the local area
- Director Software Reporting: Reporting from online system and Support
- Director Registrations: Setup Communications for Spring and Fall Programs
- Director Fundraising: Establish and Coordinate fundraising programs
- Director Fields Development / Assistants: Manage field development projects
- Director Marketing: Establish and Coordinate marketing of IFPAA
- Director Special Projects and Events: Establish and Coordinate
- Administrative Support: Mailings, Child Clearances, President / Board Projects
- IFPAA Tournaments: Bracket Directors and assistants
- Safety and security Committee participation
- Special Events